[helpie_notices group_id=’171’/]

  • How much will it cost to hire a Personal Injury Attorney?

    There is no fee unless we can get you money. This is called a contingency fee. The attorney fee is a percentage of the award achieved either through settlement or judgment. Typically, there will be no upfront out-of-pocket expenses for your lawsuit. All costs would be collected from the final award.

    Award or Settlement : Fee

    • $1-$300,000 : 33 1/3%
    • $300,000-$600,000 : 25%
    • $600,000-$900,000 : 20%
    • $900,000-$1,200,000 : 15%
    • $1,200,000 and up : 10%
  • What do I do at the scene of an accident?
    1. Before moving, check yourself for injuries.
    2. Take photographs of your vehicle, the other vehicles involved, the scene and any obstructions from multiple angles.
    3. Make sure you speak with the police regarding what occurred.
    4. Exchange insurance information.
    5. Comply with the directions of the police officers.
    6. Get seen by the paramedics.
    7. And call your lawyer.
  • What do I do after the accident?
    1. Get checked out at the Walk-in or the Emergency Room.
    2. Begin keeping a pain diary.
    3. Consult with an experienced Personal Injury Attorney.
  • I don’t have the police report for the accident, can I still file a personal injury suite?

    As long as you have the police report number, your attorney can obtain the report. If no report was made or taken, it is more challenging for an attorney to establish liability, however, you should still consult with an experienced Personal Injury Attorney.

  • I was in a car accident, but I wasn’t driving, do I have a personal injury claim?

    Yes. You absolutely have a case.  It may be against both your driver and the other driver as well.

  • Do I need to pay the doctors’ bills if the accident wasn’t my fault?

    Doctor bills become part of the damages package that your attorney will show opposing counsel in helping to illustrate the monetary value of your claim. Some doctors will accept a Letter of Protection, which defers payment until a matter is resolved. Advise your Personal Injury Attorney about any doctors you are seeing for your injuries.

  • \How do I get a rental car after my accident?

    Your insurance may cover a car rental, consult with your insurance agent and policy documents. Some attorneys’ offices assist their clients in obtaining a rental car.

  • What will my insurance pay for?

    Your insurance will pay for property damage, rental car, etc.  It truly depends on a number of other elements and circumstances including who the insurance is and what the circumstances are.

  • Do I use my health insurance or car insurance for medical visits?

    You may be asked for both in case one is not available.

  • The person who hit me doesn’t have insurance; do I still have a claim?

    You may still have a claim if you have uninsured/ under-insured motorist coverage (UM Coverage) in your own policy. We highly recommend you obtain this insurance if you do not already have it.

  • What if the person who hit me policy doesn't cover all my bills?

    This is where Under-Insured (UM) Coverage becomes important. Without UM you may have no other recourse. Check your insurance coverage and speak with an insurance agent to add Under-Insured coverage to your policy.

  • Who pays my medical bills?

    Your medical bills usually get paid out of your settlement. If your insurance has a MedPay policy, your insurance may cover bills up to the policy amount. Your attorney makes sure any reported bills are paid out of the settlement.

  • How long will my case take?

    There is no way to know how long a case will take.  Keep your attorney informed about your treatment status, especially when seeing new doctors and when you have completed treatment. Patience is important.

    You and your personal injury attorney should strive for your maximum full recovery rather than a quick settlement.

  • I was on my way to work, is this a Personal Injury or Works Compensation?

    It depends on more details and circumstances. Call a Personal Injury and Workers Compensation Attorney to discuss your circumstances. In some cases, you may have a right to both claims. It is important to hire an attorney who has experience in both types of law to best handle these claims.

  • I was injured while at work, what do I do?

    You likely have a Workers Compensation Case which has very different timetables and statutes of limitations than a personal injury.  You should immediately contact an experienced Workers Comp attorney for assistance.

  • I slipped on ice do I have a claim?

    Possibly. It depends on where you were, what you were doing, who maintained the area where you slipped, and several other factors. Consult an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss your situation.

  • I fell at a friend’s house and was injured, what do I do?

    Speak to a Personal Injury Attorney. You may be able to bring a claim against the homeowner’s insurance company.

  • I was hit by a car while walking down the street, what do I do?

    Speak to an experienced personal injury attorney to bring a claim against the driver.

  • I was in an accident while in a Uber/Lyft ride, what do I do?

    Speak to an experienced Personal Injury Attorney. You may have a claim against the driver and the company.

  • What do I do if the Insurance Adjuster calls me?

    Do not speak with the Adjuster before consulting an experienced personal injury attorney.  Refer the Adjuster to your attorney.

  • Can I make up lost wages in my Personal Injury Case?

    Yes.  But you must substantiate your claim with evidence.

  • What happens if the accident was my fault?

    Alert your insurance company immediately and allow them to defend you. If you do not have insurance, you must contact a private attorney to obtain a defense.